Tournament Information for 2019-2020
Send entries to:
Each month the
1st, 2nd & 3rd largest of any species
of fish caught in Florida, saltwater or fresh, during the
previous calendar month will be recognized at the next
month's BFF General Meeting and certificates will be sent to the winners.
Monthly entries are automatically entered in the Annual Tournament
Tarpon Div 1-over 40”
& Tarpon Div 2-under 40”
The combined inches of your 3 largest
Snook, Redfish, Tarpon Div 1 & Div 2
entries will compete against other anglers 3 largest of each species.
The 3 largest Snook, 3 largest Tarpon & 3 largest Redfish entered
by a single angler during the tournament will win the
BFF SWFL Gamefish Angler of the Year award.
• The tournaments are open to all current BFF members.
• All fish must be caught on a fly in Florida, salt or fresh water, between 10/01/19 & 05/31/20.
• All entries should be sent by email to email@example.com as soon after the catch as possible with "Tournament Entry" in the subject line. Final deadline for entries is midnight, May 31, 2020.
• All entries must be accompanied by a picture. No pictures, no entry*. A valid entry consists of an email with at least one clear photograph of the fish, preferably with a measuring device and the angler (where practical) and should include the general geographic location of the catch, line/rod weight, type of fly used, method (e.g. beach, kayak, boat) and whether guided or unguided.
* Exceptions to the picture rule can be made in the event of an angler catching a difficult or dangerous fish to “land” to get a picture, sharks for example. Size estimates without pictures for such entries in the Monthly Tournaments will be allowed.
• Estimates of large Tarpon weights are acceptable when accompanied by a clear photograph of the fish. Smaller Tarpon should be measured and reported in inches. In accordance with Florida law, Tarpon over 40" must not be removed from the water. All other species should be measured nose to pinched tail and reported to the nearest half inch.
• In the event of a tie, the entry that is deemed by the Judges to be the most accurately measured will prevail. The decisions of the Judges are final. Ties in Seasonal Award categories will be broken by looking back to an angler’s next largest same category fish entered in the tournament. Monthly Tournament category ties will be awarded certificates if applicable.
• Professional fishing guides are not eligible to enter the tournament as anglers.
• All photos submitted become the property of BFF and may be used to promote the club, displayed at club meetings, on the BFF Web Site, in the BFF Fly Lines newsletter and/or on the club’s social media platforms.
• Monthly winners will be announced at the following BFF General Meeting.
• Annual Tournament Snook, Redfish & Tarpon Divisions winners and Top Angler of the Season Winner will be announced in the June Issue of BFF Fly Lines.
Results of the BFF Fly Fishing Tournament
are updated monthly in the club's newsletter,
BFF Fly Lines
Send entries to: