This event is open to all current paid BFF members.
- All fish must be caught on a fly between 10/10/17 & 3/11/18.
- A valid entry consists of an email with at least one clear photograph of the fish, a measuring device, and angler
(where practical) and must include the geographic location of the catch, line/rod weight, type of fly used, method (e.g. beach, kayak, boat) and whether guided or unguided. NOTE: Exceptions to
the photograph rule will be permitted when the taking of a photograph is not practical or hazardous to the fish or the angler.
- All photos must be submitted by email to email@example.com as soon after the catch as possible with
"Tournament Entry" in the subject line. Final deadline for entries is midnight, March 11,
- In the event of a tie, the entry that was received first via email will prevail. The decisions of the judges are
- Estimates of tarpon weights made by professional fishing guides are acceptable when accompanied by a clear
photograph of the fish. All other species should be measured nose to pinched tail and reported to the nearest half inch.
- Members who are professional fishing guides may enter personal catches in the Guided categories
- All photos submitted become the property of BFF and may be used to promote the club, displayed at club
meetings, on the BFF Web Site, in the BFF Fly Lines newsletter and/or on the club’s social media
- Winners will be announced in the May issue of BFF Fly Lines and recognized at the May General
The Divisions for the tournament are:
- Tarpon Guided
- Tarpon Unguided
- Snook Guided
- Snook Unguided
- Redfish - Florida Guided
- Redfish - Florida Unguided
- Redfish - Outside of Florida Guided
- Redfish - Outside of Florida Unguided
- Other Species - Guided & Unguided
- Slam - Anglers who catch a snook, redfish, and tarpon during one trip. Slam fish can be entered in the
- SWFL Trash Slam - Anglers who catch a Jack Crevalle, ladyfish, and mangrove snapper during a single day’s
Recognition will be made for the top three entries by size in each of the divisions.
Questions: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org